***PLACES AVAILABLE FROM £195/PERSON/SESSION (or £150 for multiple bookings) – BOOK BELOW!***
We’re offering bespoke training for groups of people in both the public and private sectors, covering Vulnerability Awareness or Consumer Duty.
Vulnerability Awareness Training with Helen Lord
- The regulatory landscape across each sector – including the latest from the FCA, the UK Regulator’s Network, Ofcom, Ofwat and Ofgem, as well as the Information Commissioner’s Office, The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, the Gambling Commission and the Digital Economy Act.
- Vulnerability types such as financial resilience, health and accessibility.
- Vulnerability trends and statistics.
- Illegal Lending and Economic Abuse.
- How to best serve and help your vulnerable customers.
FCA Consumer Duty delivered by expert Kevin Still
Designed to empower firms to make consumer duty part of their business-as-usual and reflect on areas of improvement in preparation for the July 2024 audit.
- Positioning of Duty after 5-6 months and ahead of July 2024 board reports
- Vulnerability guidance post-implementation review
- Credit information market study – dealing with financial and non-financial vulnerability – explaining this to consumers
- Current FCA thinking, taking account of 6 December webinar and ‘portfolio’ letters into 2024
- Building knowledge and confidence for frontline staff and awareness of emerging drills and toolkits
Who should attend?
- Regulated persons and Senior Management
- Heads of Compliance/Complaints
- Vulnerability Leads/Officers
- Customer Experience/Service teams
To book a training session for yourself or a member(s) of your team, please complete the form below, not forgetting details for who/where the invoice should be sent. Full payment will need to be made before the session date to secure a place. Details of multiple team members can be input at the bottom of the form and we will be in touch about the total cost and preferred dates.
Vulnerability Registration Service (VRS) FCA Consumer Duty Online Vulnerability Training booking form:
Janice Holmes, Risk & Compliance Manager, Perch Group, said:
“I completed Vulnerability Registration Service’s FCA Consumer Duty Online Vulnerability training in October 2022 and found it informative and engaging. As a debt purchase, collections and credit management firm, effectively identifying and supporting vulnerable customers is a top priority for us. The VRS session helped to set this into the context of our obligations under the new Consumer Duty, which I am leading on the implementation of, and enabled me to put in place frameworks for ensuring that we not only comply with the regulation but offer the best possible customer experience for those in financial difficulty. I’d recommend the training to others in compliance roles.”