We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number ZA208410) http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
We aim to comply with all relevant legislation, licence terms and maintain industry standards and continually monitor our management of and our processes in providing our services to you. If you have any requests or queries with regards to these practices please contact us at email@example.com or by post at our address and supply your search reference where applicable. Our Terms & Conditions for use of this site including our complaints process, can be found separately on our site.
VRS is a ‘data controller’ under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and Data Protection Act 2018 (‘DPA’).
What personal information do we collect from you?
You do not have to enter personal information to browse the information pages on the site.
If you wish to register with VRS, we will ask you for some personal data for identification and audit purposes and will store this. Where you are a business user we will ask you to identify your account and password.
Consumers registering with VRS will be asked to provide their name, address and other contact information solely for the purpose of their registration and the provision of the VRS service.
VRS processes personal information on the basis of your consent or when a person authorised by you provides your information. We may also process your information when it is in our legitimate interests to do so or it is to protect the vital interests of a vulnerable individual.
We do not collect any GDPR and DPA ‘special categories’ of data relating to health or other reasons for vulnerability.
All data are stored in the UK.
We retain information for the duration of your VRS registration and for a period of six years thereafter, purely for audit purposes. When you are no longer registered on the VRS no information will be made available to VRS Users.
Why do we collect and store your information
We only request information from website users that is necessary to enable you to use the VRS. We do not pass any personal information acquired from you onto anyone else unless you have agreed to this, typically if you have registered with the VRS and wish your entry to be visible to VRS Users.
Making Contact with you
We may contact you to get feedback on your VRS registration
We will contact you using the email address or mobile phone details provided to periodically review your VRS registration.
Your data protection rights
Under the GDPR and DPA individuals have a number of specific rights in relation to how we process their personal information.
1. The right to be informed about how we use personal data.
2. The right of access to the personal data we hold. In most cases this will be free of charge and must be provided within one month of receipt.
To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold on you, please write to us.
3. The right to rectification where data are inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases we shall make any amendments or additions within one month of your request.
4. The right to erasure of personal data, but only in very specific circumstances, typically where the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed; or, in certain cases where we have relied on consent to process the data, when that consent is withdrawn and there is no other legitimate reason for continuing to process that data; or when the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
5. The right to restrict processing, for example while we are reviewing the accuracy or completeness of data, or deciding on whether any request for erasure is valid. In such cases we shall continue to store the data, but not further process it until such time as we have resolved the issue.
6. The right to data portability which, subject to a number of qualifying conditions, allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
7. The right to object in cases where processing is based on legitimate interests, where our requirement to process the data is overridden by the rights of the individual concerned; or for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling); or for processing for purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics, unless this is for necessary for the performance of a public interest task.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Please contact us for more information about the GDPR or DPA and your rights under data protection law or if you have a complaint about data protection at VRS.
Our supervisory authority for data protection compliance is the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk):
Information Commissioner’s Office
Google Analytics cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, the pages they visit on the site and where visitors have come to the site from.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Online search session cookie
This cookie is essential for the completion of an online search. It is set only for those people who progress through the site and who enter details to make a search. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser. If your browser has cookies completely disabled this will also disable this session cookie and the site will not work.
These cookies as used to manage your session if you log in and to make sure you remain logged in as you navigate through the portal. We also use these cookies to timeout your session in case you leave your login unattended.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings although disabling cookies could impact the functionality of the website you are visiting. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to other web sites
This privacy statement only covers the web services offered from this site. We are not responsible for policies or procedures for sites not operated for or on behalf of VRS.
If you would like to contact us for any reason, including a request for a copy of the information we may hold, you can do so via firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to our Registered Office: The Apex, 2 Sheriffs Orchard, Coventry CV1 3PP
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this Statement at any time, and any changes we may make to our Statement, including details of changes in how we use your personal information, will be posted on this page.
7 May 2018