The VRS recognises that there are many causes of vulnerability, and we do not attempt to provide a strict definition. In broad terms, vulnerability can lead to lack of perspective, inability to foresee problems, and poor assessment of risk.
Many forms of vulnerability can affect a person’s ability to manage their financial responsibilities when their circumstances are particularly difficult. Half of those in debt crisis suffer from poor mental health, for instance, and a quarter of all people with mental health issues also have problem debts.
We believe vulnerable people are often the best experts in their own vulnerability, and therefore aim to empower them with a tool to protect themselves from problem debt.
Check out our blog, or find our most-used articles listed below.
- Organisations that can help with money problems
- Mental health companies
- Treating vulnerable customers fairly
- How to clear your debts faster
- How to set up Power of Attorney
- Download various letter templates (including Power of Attorney, Court of Protection, Register as Vulnerable)
Watch our webinar about vulnerability
Find our more about The Vulnerability Profile: Who are our Vulnerable Customers?:
Want to keep up to date with the latest articles and updates from the VRS? Join our Mailing List.